Sunday 27 February 2011

First Post!

I've finally joined Blog World.  I'm planning on using this site to promote the work of my new business: Rapt! Upholstery, which does bespoke upholstery (custom repair and recover), upcycled chairs, new stools and ottomans as well as 'upholstery-art' - framed fabric.
I'll start with the most recent projects and build up.  First up: a deep-buttoned retro style hall-stool.



This is the prototype for a new design I'm planning on putting into production.  I do like a firm, narrow stool in a hallway (to plonk on while I'm pulling shoes on or off), beside a phone-table (for obvious reasons) and at foot of my bed. This one's made in a beautiful wool crepe; main colour a limey-green, with fire-engine red buttons (which haven't shown up too well in pics). It's beautifully comfy to sit on and is just the right height I reckon. 



If you'd like to learn the mystery of deep-buttoning, check out this Youtube video: How to Deep Button Upholstery


Thanks for reading my first post and please let me know what you think of the site - I'll love to get your feedback.

No comments: